Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Dream About My Job


It's soooo sad.....for over a week now we have been slammed at work. No one can really figure out why. The Grants spent 21 hours trying to get out a couple days ago for their Anniversary. Every flight though is over sold, by sometimes more then ten. Which makes it nearly impossable for airlines employees to get out.The sad part is when airline employees should understand this, and they don't and they are just as angry as the full paying revenue people. Which I think is wrong. I've seen the STAND BY list as long as eighty people. I've come home mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. Sometimes you can use all your energy on just staying patient and "nice" when people are upset.I've gotton to praying before every flight I do or assit just so I can stay calm and not get worked up. Also, when it's that crazy it's VERY easy to make a mistake.I've had a hard time falling a sleep a few nights because I've been playing back the days events and how I've handled them and how I would change it. Then when I DO fall asleep I dream about it! Haha.......*sigh* Hopefully it'll be over soon.

4 comments:

You've got the right idea about praying before each flight. Even if things don't go smoothly, God can keep you calm and help you to think straight.

I so understand what you mean. I've said we should get paid overtime for working in our sleep ~ smile.

Wow, 10 people overbooked? And 80 people on a standby list? That's alot. That's crazy! Huh, I wonder why it's been so crazy, it's not a hoilday.... I can see why you come home exhausted though. lol,that's funny that you dream about it, well, in a way it is. :p A scripture came to mind, one that I've had to repeat over and over to myself alot in the last couple of yrs while trying to train and teach my handful of little ones. "And be not weary in well doing, for in due season ye shall reap if ye faint not." Hope that you have a good day tomorrow!

LOL!YES!!! I thnk we should get paid for working in our sleep!


Bekah, thank you for that scripture I about cired......it's perfect I really needed that!

Well, I heard that it's becasue we reduced our flight scedule. It happens every year in the fall. this year it was just delayed becasue we reduced the scedule over a month ago now.

I do not envy your job. The mental and emotional toll wears you out physically. I remember that kind of stress...I not only dreamed about it, but I acted it out in my sleep and would wake my mom up...she finally told my supervisor to put me on another line so she could get some sleep. ~hee hee~

People just are not patient anymore, not even professing Christians...it really is sad.