Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home Sweet Beautiful Home

Wow…..we are in Anchorage FINALLEY! I was thinking about all the different obstacles that have come up between all of us, getting to and from the Assembly. Whether it be cancelations or delays… no delay was short and all were with the chance a cancelation.

-Over booked flights too Charlotte
-Tornados in Chicago
-Volcanoes in Alaska
-Mechanicals in Chattanooga and in Chicago
-Dense fog in Juneau
-Passenger manifest discrepancies

At the close of the Assembly, or rather the last night WE were there. I knew the devil was going to attack. I was so blessed at the Assembly ….and wanting to do whatever it was the Lord wanted from me. You could say a complete surrender. I asked the Lord to help me not be blind to the enemy, and recognize it for what it was. It upsets me that the devil can hit me in a weak area….in the process making me wrapped up in me and less able to see what others need and showing them the love and peace found in God.
It’s kind of ironic though while the devil was trying to destroy my joy, my faith, and trust in God on this trip. I just recognized it for what it was…..the devil. I have to laugh……the devil sure put up a good fight, but God, as always, came through and answered the prayer that I had prayed.

9 comments:

Welcome home! I bet it never felt better! Now you have to jump right back into work, yipee!!
The devil always seems to send his biggest attacks after our greatest victories, but Praise the Lord! You saw it was what it was and didn't give in to discouragment!

Great testimony! Thanks for sharing.

Ah...so you are home! Good. I love your profile pic Miss Jessa!

Yes! It feels wonderful. I gotta say... I LOVE MY BED!

haha thanks Nancy! I like that picture too.....It was when me and my sisters went to San Diego together. It was soooo fun!

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

I didn't realize when you were saying goodbye the other night, you where saying GOODBYE!
Glad you all made it home safely!

I need to talk to you. I lost your number...email u soon.

lol ya....I don't think a lot of people did. =)

Ok, Kasey...my phone is still dead anyway.....not that I don't have a way to charge it...I'm just awful with keeping my phone on or charged.