Sunday, June 22, 2008

I think I want to cry...

Dad called me from work at 5a telling me that mom was sick and asked me to head over and check on her. I guess he had been calling for the last hour.I was reading a good book soooo I was awake, but my phone was on the kitchen table on vibrate so I didn't hear a thing. I quickly got dressed... stopped at the gas station near my place to get some sprite for her and then I headed towards their house which is between five and ten miles. I was coming up to about a mile or two left when the road was blocked by police. Looking closer there was a body laying in the middle of the street. No other cars besides two police cars. It was a little weird because there was no fire truck, or ambulance.....I think it had just happened or something..... *sigh* anyhow, right now I'm feeling how very real death is and how awful this world is.

Be in prayer for mom...she really is very sick. Also, for the family of the one who's life ended today. Death is real...but, tonight/this morning I'm that much more thankful for all that Christ did for me on the cross.

1 comments:

How sad!

How is your Mom doing today?